Thursday, 11 November 2010

Remember to Remember

I wanted to post a poem here for Armistice day. I have spent a little while trying to find the perfect one. I've read poems about Flanders Field, about remembrance and loss, and about repatriation, and I have realised just how hypocritical I would have been posting a poem about an experience I can never relate to. I have never been to war and I have no intention of doing so and I am so lucky to have that choice.

By doing this I have realised that today is about just that. It's about remembrance and thanks to the few who have found themselves in these awful situations immortalised in poetry and have sacrificed everything to save me from the same.
So thank you to those who have fallen in war, today I will remember you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, it's lovely to meet you over at my Blog, thanks for your kind words. I love all your designs, especially your Christmas penguin with his hat on, what a great job you have! Have a good week, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete